Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Myspace: Good or Bad?

I am having trouble finding a reason why I have one. To put cool videos or pictures on? I don't know

I don't think their is a reason.

I'm sure sexual predators love this site, so I don't want to ruin all the fun for them, but I don't really myspace has positively contributed to our society.

It has just give more people a sense that they are unique. By putting cool pictures and music, people seem unique. Yet, the truth of the matter is that most people don't like who they are. So they project an image online that is not themselves. So while they may seem unique on their page, their not. Their just another person looking for love and friends. Yet, while myspace calls themselves a place for friends, your not meeting actual people. You are coming into contact with what that person wants to be.

All I am saying is that it is not helping our society.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Myspace is whatever you want it to be. Is it a venue for people to perpetuate falsified ideals? Sure. Does it make it way too easy for sexual predators to target innocent 13-year-old girls? Yes. Do people take it way too seriously? Absolutely.

However, Myspace is a cool way to keep in touch with friends whom you probably wouldn't keep in touch with otherwise. Like blogs, it's a way for friends to stay connected to one another and post funny comments, videos, songs or whatever. Personally, I use mine as a means to tell people how I'm feeling at any given time -- a lazy man's blog, if you will. It's perfect for me because people think it's informative, and it requires little effort from my end.

If you don't let it consume you, and if you don't take it too seriously, I don't have a problem with Myspace. When people do start taking it too seriously (and start doing ridiculous things like chastising their boyfriend/girlfriend for leaving a suggestive comment on someone else's profile, or bitching a friend out because you weren't given a higher slot on their Top Friends list) that's when someone needs to step in and say, "It's only a website. Go focus your energy on something more productive."

Like fantasy baseball.

The Movie Argument said...

i only have a myspace so i can post absolute punk articles about paramore updates on jonnys page...

also if cherry poppin daddies have any new stuff i send that his way also

change is the only constant said...

i did that last one not taylor I don't know what happened

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say, "Look at Taylor getting in on the Paramore inside joke!"

Anonymous said...

Maybe myspace isn't such a bad thing after all.