Friday, April 11, 2008

Too Much Time on My Hands

Although this is not a life changing or sincerely thought provoking post, I just want to address the issue that some people are awesome. These people, usually have way too much time on their hands and create something that is truly Awe inspiring. However, they always get overlooked because....well... I don't know why they get overlooked. Yet, on this blog, we will take a look at these geniuses that make America what it is today, creepy and bizarre. Let's have a look see

First Example:
Melanie Coles, 22, loved the 'Where's Waldo?" books so much that she took the character out of the books, and into our hearts. By hearts, I really mean Google Earth. Coles painted a large Waldo on the roof of her apartment so that way people can look for Waldo's friendly face on Google Earth. To me, this is awesome. This is an idea that would only seem to come to you when your the opposite of sober. Yet, she thought about it, took time off of not working, and made her dreams come true. Check out the picture below

Satellite image of 'Waldo'

Congrats, Melanie.

I will post more examples of people that are awesome in the near future. If you have any examples in awesomeness, post it in the comments. These people need to be seen and heard about. Cause while it's simultaneously depressing and interesting, there is a dash of fun mixed in there and thats what counts. I am a total loser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Bill Brasky is pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

thank you! this is such a nice post!