Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tight Black Shirt

I know I have complained about the news before. However, it seems to be getting worse.

As I thumbed through the channels last night, I payed a little visit to CNN. I don't know why my mind was drawn to CNN, but it was. Information was being thrown at me from every direction. Not only was the little bar at the bottom of the television giving me information about Lindsay Lohan's latest drug bust, but also a portly man on the main screen was fiddling with an electronic map that in no way shape or form made sense. I am pretty sure that the brains behind CNN feel that if they have a $50,000 screen that lights in order to better explain the complex nature of the election, then viewers will trust that CNN has the "Real" Facts.
Yet they don't. Why? Because their main attraction is Anderson Cooper. An while he may look sexy gliding through terrorist jungles in a tight black T-shirt, he is still an idiot. I rarely ever see him actually explain the news. He always just assembles a panel of people who hate each other and who insist on arguing until the truth is revealed, which will never happen.

Yet, people trust men in tight shirts. They need the news flashy and "Raw." Cnn has Andy Coop whom is sexy, and Fox News has O'Reilly who just yells at people who don't share his ignorance.

It seems people would go crazy if they had to listen one mild mannered man tell, not shout, the news without hip and flashy graphics.

Until then, people like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Cooper, Hannity and Skeletor, will be the bearer of news for 90% of the American people.

And that my friends, should scare the living ___________ out of you.

Post Script:

For those of you wondering why I put Hannity and Skeletor. It is because I think Colmes of Hannity and Colmes looks like Skeletor.

Proof is in the pudding:


No comments: