Monday, June 30, 2008

An Enigma

As my girlfriend was flipping through the channels today my eyes fell upon a familiar face. Someone who has been in my life from as early as I can remember. Someone whom has been there for me through thick and thin....short and tall. However, as I sat and thought of all her the person's lovely qualities, I realized I know nothing about her. To think of her is merely second nature, but what to think of her I fear I don't know. This enigmatic figure that I am referring to is yep you guessed it: Kimmy Gibbler.

Kimmy Gibbler never went by Kim, or just Kimmy. It was always Kimmy Gibbler. While this seems like a minor detail, she wouldn't be the same if you were to only acknowledge her using her first name. Her last name personified who she was: A Gibbler.

Kimmy Gibbler was always welcome into the Tanner Residence. While she may have been annoying, she was cordial. While she may have caused her fair share of mishaps, she was always there to offer kind words to her best friend D.J. She wasn't just the next door neighbor from Full House, She was America's next door neighbor.

But...I have come to a sad conclusion. After watching a few episodes I have realized that American never got to see Kimmy's parents. Kimmy rarely ever mentioned them. When someone brings them up on the show, Kimmy always finds a way to make a joke out of it.

This is no joke. If my daughter was spending at least 3/4 of the day over at her friend's house, I would want to know what was going on. Especially if there were 3 dads living in that house and there was a camera crew filming their every move. Maybe I am just old fashioned but I would be a bit skeptical.

I know you guys are thinking, "Why blog about this Reid?"

Why Not? I mean Why Not?

Where is this poor girl's family. I think if we could meet her parents we would understand their daughter a lot better.



If anyone has any information let me know. I am worried sick about her.

1 comment:

change is the only constant said...

http://www.theinsider.com/news/815104_Where_s_Kimmy_Gibbler

this is sad...in this picture...they have DJ's boyfriend steve...but not her best friend.

the reason why this is sad because steve was a massive tool!!!

i heart kimmie

R.I.P