Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today is the Day

Today is the first day of school.

The sad thing is that I am 23 years of age.

This is like....the fifth time I have started school at a new school. This may be the last time. Yet, if I decide to get my PHD then I will be much older and probably won't get the jitters. I'll probably be too busy disciplining my kids and wondering how the heck I got so old rather than dealing with the "butterflies in my tummy."

I don't really know why I am so scared. There seems to be an idea in my head that whenever I get to a new school, there is some serious hazing to be done. I am sitting in the middle of a dark room, wearing only socks, my violent tears soaking through my polyester blindfold, while every one of the faculty verbally tears me apart. Apparently someone has given them a list of every one of my perceived weaknesses cause they nail every bullet-point. They start with my hair and work their way down, spending significant time on my brain and all of the little nuances locked inside of it. Eventually, the clean up the shop by ridiculing my overly wide feet.

This never happens, but I get worked up anyway.

It will probably actually happen today. That is why I am worked up.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

That sounds like the worst school ever.