Monday, August 25, 2008

Nothing Impressive

I had the opportunity to dine with my parents the other evening and of course, I accepted. While this should have been a pleasant experience, it was not. The reason being that our "waiter" decided to receive our order without writing it down. Keep in mind, that there were six people whom were also ordering various appetizers along with their main entrees.
To me, this is not impressive. Not at all. I am having a really hard time trying to wrap my mind around why people would choose to do this.
Even if the server remembers everything, which I have yet to see, this "trick" of theirs would only make me think, "neat."
I think many people are in this boat because I don't think that anyone would actually stop a server to say, "My goodness son you have some serious talent. Develop that would you? Hone in on that gift because you are certainly blessed. If not for me, do it for the world. The betterment of mankind if you will. Cause if you won't. You will let us all down. You might even speed up global warming."

Let's face it. This is no reward for doing this. It doesn't make your establishment any more respectable. It just makes it more annoying when you have to switch plates with your neighbor since you server could not remember where anything was supposed to be.

It's silly. Just silly. Stop it silly servers. Stop it.

P.S - If I were to open up a restaurant, not only would my servers write EVERYTHING down, the establishment would be called, "Reid's house of wizardry, Espresso, and people who like to have a good time, fun time hang out zone!"

No comments: