Monday, February 4, 2008

There is Never Enough Time for the Things that Will Pass Away With Me

I don't know what it is. I am sure this transcends all generations, but it seems there is never enough time to do the things that I want to do. "What I want to do" is usually meaningless things that will not advance me in this life. Unless your idea of progress is being able to recite musing facts from ABC's Lost verbatim.

That example hits close to home because as I am sitting at my new job, I am dreaming of finally getting home and watching the third season of Lost. As I dilligently/belligerently look how to stream episodes online, I am careful not to get a glimpse of messageboard spoilers that might give away crucial facts. This would of course would put a damper on the "fun" that I have lined up for this evening.

Why am I dreaming of this crap? I know my life is but a vapor but it seems I have chosen to focus on what Jack and Kate are doing on this Island. I do believe, that the Bible has all the answers and everything that I need to shine in this lifetime, yet I do not give 1/8 of the time to the Bible as I do to trying to find out what the hell is happening on a single episode of that God forsaken show.

This is tonight and tonight will be over. Yet, there is always a chance to get "Lost" lurking over mine and everyone's head. That need to fill and consume. Engage. Consequently, the fantastic people running our nation have found out how to channel our needs for their good.

This is a very Lost blog. It meaning and in importance/coherence. But it still lingers. We cannot seem to put our fingers on these feelings. But they are alive and if we don't strive to break from them, we will always appease them. Which is why I am here right now. Writing to you guys. Just filling myself until I need some more.

Listening to a lot of: Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, Ryan Adams (Odd?)

No comments: