Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's Too Late To Apologize

Never will I apologize for not blogging more. In fact, I have an ongoing joke that the only reason people have blogs anymore is to apologize for not blogging more. So I will not seek forgiveness here as there is nothing that needs to be forgiven. My blogging began to retard once it became apparent that nearly 90% of the American population had created one. Most of these blogs are brimming with minutia and have over-saturated the already dense internet. With so much useful information to be found, who really has the time to care if Claire found that pair of Steve Madden boots that she has been so feverishly searching for? And if they are too busy to worry themselves over Claire's plight, who am I to think that they're going to burden themselves with my half-cocked ravings? Yet, in the end, one must push aside their concerns and sally forth toward a more promising future. Did Christopher Columbus get mentally and physically fatigued from raping & ravaging the indigenous communities of the New World? Most likely. Did he let get to him? Not a chance. When so many of his contemporaries would have stopped, Columbus kept his eyes on the prize, and carried on. In the spirit of the father of this great nation, apropos of the recent American holiday, I will not let this blog fade into the ether of negligence that has consumed countless others. I will carry on, I will prevail, I will continue to write. And that my friends, is a promise?

No comments: