Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We Will Overcome!

Recently, I have just been really annoyed by all the hatred that is being spit by anyone who claims to be interested in politics.

Check out some of these soundbites I have recently heard from random bystanders in the past couple of days.

"Obama is change, he is love, and you republicans can go eat a horse and fall in a toilet!"

Or

"Tradition is best! It is what makes this country what it is! I hate everything and everyone that doesn't line up with my view."

Or

"Friday the 13th is the worse horror film remake on the planet! Thank goodness everyone in the film died cause if I saw their nasty faces in anymore films, I think I would do myself in!"

While all of these quotes are false because I just made them up right now, and the third quote really doesn't fit into the whole argument at all, they represent this type of hate and anger that I am seeing everywhere I look.

I am really good at ignoring things and letting them build up inside me and although I hear stress isn't good for you per se, if your good at something, why quit?

However, I was perusing my locally owned organic bookstore, Borders, and I happen to come across the answer to mine and American's problems. In fact, this cure all is so effective that not only will I no longer have to deal with everyone else spitting hate everywhere, but I will no longer have to be a ticking time bomb of stress.

So, What is this answer to all the world's ills?

It is Chuck Norris's brand new book!



This is no joke, this is life changing.

Just check out the reviews on the amazon.com page. They are glowing.

This is the answer!

Post all of your thank you's in the replies.

5 comments:

Christian Warne said...

my life has changed since not only reading your post but from reading such a gem of a book. I am so damn proud to be an american!!! I just purchased an American Eagle, and 150sq.ft. American Flag. Thank you Chuck! Plus I bought a FORD F-150 and dangled those testicles from the hitch in the back. That was more to just be awesome than to actually be more american.

Anonymous said...

hello sir

i love that this post was a blend of substance and silliness.

i, too, have grown weary of how CHARGED peoples' political opinions have become. it feels like many avenues for public discussion / expression have become aggressive and antagonistic.

america has been come a long way since its pre-pubescent apathy BUT this new era, if you could call if that, seems to be colored by an US/THEM mentality and pepper spraying each other with opinions. perhaps this will propel more people to seek public office... to me, it seems like all it has produced is a distraction from REAL LIFE with "real life".

that's my five cents.

love you reid and i enjoy reading your blog.

Ron Werner Jr said...

Hola Comrades!

It has been great to be a part of the blogosphere with you all over the years. I just launched a new blog at ronwernerjr.blogspot.com- I am only a few posts deep, but hope you link up and follow me on this new endeavor.

I look forward to future collaboration with you!

Ron (nie)(Werner Jr)(GP)

Anonymous said...

I love how shameless Chuck Norris is. Seriously. He has no concept of boundaries.

Caitlin Mackenzie said...

Your humor still completely catches me off guard. I love it. Life-long entertainment. Thank you.


Also, yes. I like your serious thoughts hidden within this blog. But, I have something to add. On top of being annoyed by the "patriotic" acts of violence/humilition/degrading, I am annoyed by the responses of the "superior" other who argues back just as passionately that "you shouldn't be so extremeist and severe in your patriotic claims and ideals!!!"

Did that makes sense? I'm not a writer.

I feel the stance that I am called to take if I work to be the peacemaker (or to avoid being the "superior" other), I need to focus on responding with gentleness, intelligence, and with a listening ear.

As often as tthhoossee ppeeooppllee make me want to scream out and throw tomatoes at them, I know that I am just joining the club of outlandish ignorance, and am no longer able to make a change or have MY OWN VOICE heard. That would be the worst.

Just some thoughts.